Board of Court Reporting

404-463-6478  404-657-4213  twitter_black.jpg Contact us



How do I obtain an Emergency Judicial Permit?
You can obtain an emergency judicial permit for one year by having a judge sponsor you. You may download the form HERE

What schools offer court reporter training?
You may contact the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) or the National Verbatim Reporters Association (NVRA) to obtain a list of schools offering training in the method of a machine shorthand or stenomask writer.

Who should I contact to get a new seal?
Should you need to replace or order a new seal you may contact Dixie Seal & Stamp Company. They can be reached directly at (404) 875-8883 or visit their website, .

Does the Board of Court Reporting recommend reporters?
Employment opportunities presented to the Board are posted by email to the subscribers of the Board’s official electronic communication portal.  Should you wish to receive these and other official announcements, please submit your email information to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

How do I file a complaint against a court reporter?
Please review the Grievance Procedures found in the “Public Information” . Click, “Grievances” 

You may contact our office at (404) 656-6422 with additional questions or comments.

Is certification required if I reside in a state other than Georgia, but practice court reporting in Georgia?
Yes, all persons practicing court reporting in Georgia must be certified.

Where can I find out about continuing education classes
Contact the Institute of Continuing Judicial Education at Select, “Court Reporters” for a list of preapproved classes and other information on continuing education training.  You are encouraged to check the “Classes and Seminars” list often as preapproved courses are added throughout the year. 

Where do I turn in my continuing education credits?
You may turn in your CE credits to:
Institute for Continuing Judicial Education 
Attn: Court Reporting
1150 South Milledge Avenue
Athens GA 30602-5025 
Website for CE Forms and Info: (click “Court Reporters”)