Verification of Lawful Presence
Consistent with the Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 (O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1(e)), persons making application with the Board of Court Reporting for registration or registration renewal on behalf of a court reporting firm must verify their lawful presence in the United States.
The following items must be submitted before your registration can be issued:
- A photocopy of one:
- United States passport or passport card
- United States Military ID
- United States Drivers license
- A signed and sworn affidavit verifying your lawful presence in the United States.
- Submissions of the above, two documents to the Board of Court Reporting are required to be made via fax at (404) 657-4213. CLICK HERE to download a copy of the required affidavit and fax cover sheet.
- You must submit your renewal application via the online renewal system. Please complete the application on the following page, and click “submit”. Absolutely NO renewal application will be accepted via mail.
- Fees can be paid via PayPal using a major credit or debit card, or by submitting a check to the Board of Court Reporting. You will be automatically directed to PayPal after submitting the application on the following page. If you wish to submit a check, download the required “Check Cover Sheet” HERE, and return to the Board.
By checking the box below, I understand that my C.C.R. license cannot be issued or renewed until the two documents as described above ("Verification of Lawful Presence") have been received by the Board of Court Reporting. I further understand that I will need to submit these documents to the Board of Court Reporting prior to, or contemporaneously with, my submission of this On-line License Renewal Form.
I have read and understand the “Verification of Lawful Presence” requirement